This terrific article from the Voice of America’s Ted Landphair about UA researcher Brad Story about the medical (and entertainment and business) applications of cybervoices. Photo: photos.com Artificial speech will one day be so advanced that it could be difficult to differentiate beween real and made-up sound. At a University of Arizona laboratory, Professor Brad Story analyzes the voices of singers, actors and public speakers both live and on audio tape.
- Memory strength and specificity revealed by pupillometry
- ERP correlates of auditory processing during automatic correction of unexpected perturbations in voice auditory feedback
- The GPS Shoe: Finally.
- A Generation of Gesticulators? Out with the Mouse and In with the Hand
- DFCon2012: Official Program and Titles
- From Wired’s Gadgetlab: Skin-Like Sensors- for Robots (and us)?
- Gadgets > Motorcycles? Have Hells Angels Been Emasculated by the App Store?
- A Siri enabled 911
- How To Live Forever: Screening Provokes Enthusiasm, Skepticism and Discussion
- More Angioplasties ≠ Better Results?